Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone. Just wanted to write a baby post announcing my return as a triathlete. Not that I ever left... but I took the most horrendous school semester of my life, so I'm very happy to say that I am DONE with that! Only positive is that I now have 6 more classes checked off the list, I will never do that again, and Onto Maui dudeeeessss!
Being home in Calgary has been very wonderful (which is good because it is going to be a while before I get over my post-traumatic-semester-disorder).
Highlights for me so far have been: seeing the family of course, powwow with the tri-it ladies (their enthusiasm always makes triathlon so exciting), and fiiiinnnnally watching the last Harry Potter movie ha. I'm going to see one of the junior world championship hockey games with my dad right now, and then hopefully we'll be off to the mountains tomorrow for some snow time before Alex and I head off to training camp.
Originally I had hoped to race some early season races for an ITU points boost, but I had some lame-o knee issue in the fall, so getting in a good block of training is the priority right now, and then I'll come up with a race plan after Maui.
Hope everyone is having a great Holiday!
KC

No comments: